Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cuban Music at Martini Beach in Cape May



My 5th week of performing Afro -Cuban music at Martini Beach as a piano and percussion Duo, and it still feels as fresh and exciting as the first night!! The staff and audience are wonderfully receptive and we always have a great time. I totally enjoy performing for and interacting with them. Between the weekly performances I'm not only arranging and learning new music, but I'm also exploring Cuban musical history and tradition, along with studying the numerous Cuban percussion rhythmic styles and piano techniques of past and current Cuban musicians. My goal is to continually grow as a Latin Jazz pianist and to improve with every performance at bringing authentic Afro-Cuban music to my audience as I continue to explore this exciting and challenging genre of music.

No comments: